Australian pensioners who want to apply for a retirement visa must complete the required documents and satisfy the eligibility conditions, as these two are the key elements to ensure the Thailand retirement visa approval. Applicants must take note that incomplete applications could not be processed. Thailand Retirement visa can be processed in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, and Chiang Mai.
- Applicants must be at least 50 years old or above upon submission of application.
- With no criminal record and would not instigate security threats in Thailand.
- Applicants must be a legitimate resident or citizen of Australia
- Does not possess highly contagious diseases such as leprosy, tuberculosis and other illness mentioned in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535)
- Will not be seeking for employment in Thailand.
- Must be allowed to enter Thailand.
Basic Documentary Requirements
- A valid passport for at least 1 year
- Four accomplished application forms with applicant’s photos.
- Accomplished Personal data form
- Applicant should present original copy of one’s income certificate confirming one’s monthly income or pension equivalent to THB 65,000. Duplicate copies of bank statement affirming a deposited amount equivalent to THB 800,000 has been made.
- Original copy of guarantee letter obtained from banks.
- Must present a proof or verification of no criminal record obtained in Australia and must be valid for at least 3 months.
- Medical certificate valid for at least 3 months.
- If accompanied by their spouses, they are required to show their marriage contract or certificate. If the accompanying spouse is not qualified for the retirement visa, she/he may apply the non-immigrant “O” visa instead in order to enter Thailand– as dependents shall be issued to them.
Our legal fee is AUD 765. Normally, all applications are processed within 3 days depending on the volume of applicants. But reassured, accepted Australian retirees will be immediately notified by the embassy. Also, prepare the amount of AUD 225 for the embassy fee (to be paid to the Royal Thai Embassy in Australia).
Contact us for further instructions and assistance regarding your visa application. We are composed of experienced and expert immigration Lawyers conversant both in English and Thai Language. We can guarantee you greater chance of success in getting your visa approved.